"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." - Laura Ingalls Wilder


Friday, January 1, 2016

Thankful for New Beginnings...

 
 
 

Happy New Year, Family and Friends!  I am so thankful that new beginnings are not just set aside for the start of a new year; with God, His mercies are new every morning.  As a matter of fact, every minute can be a new beginning for us to embrace God's purposes for our lives - the good and the bad.

This is also a new beginning for my blog, Simply Tori Lynne.  You know what?  2015 (even 2014) was a very difficult year for me.  And for those who know me, I am sure my countenance proved that very well.  Tired. Depressed. Complaining.  Confused.  Angry.  Wanting to throw in the towel.  I have been in the desert valley before.  Some visits just last longer and leave you a little more dry and thirsty than others.  Why do I always seem to forget that the refreshing rain will come again?

I have always said (after the fact, of course) that it is a privilege to suffer.  The suffering produces fruit and growth in our faith and walk with our Heavenly Father.

Through the years, I have had some dear friends who have truly walked a life of love and thankfulness, which left me with a desire and hunger to seek the same.  Little did I know the fire I was going to have to walk through to indeed learn what that meant.  I have NOT perfected this.  Not even close.  I have only begun to earnestly and intentionally try to live this way a month ago. 

The encouragement I have received from my friends, during dark times, ministered to me greatly and gave me great hope.  I know what despair feels like.  It is dark, heavy, and often crippling.  I know that many of my friends and my neighbors need encouragement today.  It is my turn to give you hope and hopefully a smile or two.  :)

My blog has been (and hopefully my life is in the process of being) revamped to be inspirational.  Full of  love,  thankfulness, and encouragement.  Hopefully you will see a huge difference between my posts of 2015 to those of 2016.  I have been thinking about my life, past and present, and being reminded of all I have to be thankful for.  There are some great stories I would love to share with you.  Some posts will be simple and funny.  Some may make you cry.  It is my prayer that all of my posts will lead you toward Christ giving you hope and encouragement to keep you running with endurance the race set before you, looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith...

All done in and for Christ alone.

Have a great 2016, folks.  I am looking forward to sharing with you all.

- Tori Lynne

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate your goal to be encouraging---have you ever read Anne Voskamp's "One Thousand GIfts"? A great read----God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lana, I have not read that book, but have heard it is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of books, surely you have read "The Hardest Peace " by Kara Tippets. If not, you must!Love you Tori. You are one strong woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of books, surely you have read "The Hardest Peace " by Kara Tippets. If not, you must!Love you Tori. You are one strong woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanda, sounds like I now have two good book recommendations I need to read. Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete