"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." - Laura Ingalls Wilder


Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Insomnia...Giving Thanks in All Things



Good EARLY morning to you!  It is 1:32 a.m. here in Iowa, and I am wide awake.  Insomnia strikes again!  If you looked over my blog carefully, you may have seen the phrase, "A woman with a mind of swirling thoughts...".  Yep, that is me alright.  My mind races all the time.  I am always thinking; which keeps me from sleeping; which causes me to take sleep medication; which is why I do not understand why I am awake.  And since I have serious issues with worrying, I was in bed thinking about how to talk myself into falling asleep (which was not working), and that gave me anxiety which caused my heart to race and break out in a sweat!   Whewee!

But...I am thankful.  I decided to go to the living room couch and see if I could unwind.  So I go on Facebook????  Good Grief, Charlie Brown!  Let me tell ya what - FB does NOT cure insomnia. :-)  I thought to myself, "What can I read that might make me go to sleep?"  MY BLOG!  (And yes, I had already tried lots of prayer.)

So I pulled my blog off the shelf, dusted it off, and saw such a peaceful and simple page.  It made me smile.  It has been a long time...

I began reading, and reading, and reading.  My heart rate slowed down.  I quit thinking about sleeping.  I was encouraged.  I love to write, and I love to share my heart and my life with others.  We all have stories to tell, encouragement to give, and wisdom to impart.  We all need prayer.

I need to pick up blogging again.  It is therapeutic.  Whether you followed my blog before, or are new to it, look over the old entries.  I think you will smile and be blessed.

This is a much better venue for me than facebook - I write too much!  And it may prove to be much healthier.

I am still wide awake, but it is due to being uplifted instead of worry and anxiety.  I hope you will find the words here uplifting as well.

Have a great Wednesday, folks!

*If you want to subscribe to Simply Tori Lynne, make sure you scroll to the bottom of my page to do so.  And please feel free to comment.  I really like to read those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment